Disclaimer

This blog may contain not-so-strong languages and slightly strong ecchi pictures. Please proceed with caution.

Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Red Light Districts of Korea (NSFW!), Part VII: Prostitution Behind Suwon Station - Terry Barker's Experience at Maesanno 1-ga




DeogYeong Boulevard 895th Street/DeogYeong-daero 895beon-gil in Suwon Paldal-gu - the Provincial Capital of Gyeonggi now smeared with a pile of SEMEN. YUCK.

Terry Barker, a man who hailed from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada shared his experience visiting to Maesanno 1-ga, Suwon Paldal-gu, Gyeonggi Province where a red-light district is located just behind Suwon Railway Station. His experience is elaborated and grammar-checked by myself on below. 

I spent 2 months in Korea from March 15th to May 15th 2012, staying with my ex-girlfriend and her parents in Suwon, located in South Korea. I loved South Korea a lot, some of my favorite memories of all time have been created there. Unfortunately, Suwon was not the nicest city maybe it reminds me a bit of Winnipeg, my hometown. Don't you know? Love and hate comes to mind.  

Suwon's largest train station sits directly across from their pink light district... probably a convenience factor for traveling business men or something I don't really know... I walked by it a few times inside. It was just a weird experience... now prostitution is not for me... it should probably be legalized and set up to bring taxes and safety to the workers of this trade. I get it off the street. A pink light district is like nothing you have seen before. It's actually a safer place than i thought, I didn't feel any danger but you know gangsters are always nearby. Simply it's a couple of tiny streets they all look like department store windows, it's crazy contrast.  

When I walked down the street the girls would say, "Hello. How are you?" "Where are you from?" a lot were very pleasant. Some of them are sincere in their questions. I kept it very polite and brief. Sometimes I could see with their eyes were asking please take me with you. Some of them were starving themselves to the extreme. The others looked like the perfect ideal of Korean beauty (cosmetic surgery most likely). It's illegal to both sell and buy sex in Korea but it's a very grey area, they do a big raid every once in awhile but for the most part no one cares about it, nor the girls. 

After taking this picture someone came up to me using the most awesome panicked broken Konglish "camera away gangsters!" so I did. I also didn't really want to take clear photos of faces privacy and such. Most of the men i saw using these services were not Korean. i saw a few US military boys breaking curfew which is an extremely big no-no and some guys from Thailand, Sri Lanka and India.