Bukseoporu or Northwestern Blockhouse (Hanja: 北西砲樓) in Suwon Hwaseong Fortress is located adjacent to Bukseojeokdae Guard Platform. Made from black bricks, it is divided into three storeys internally by boards. The blockhouse is a part of Jangan Park (장안공원/長安公園), located at Suwon Paldal-gu.
Firearms were secreted on these floors. The roof is unusual in design, being gabled on the inner side (towards the wall) and angled to the outer side (away from the wall). Bukseoporu Blockhouse consists of a wooden structure built above a chiseong or square turret.
There are five sentry posts at the Fortress. The posts are all constructed of brick and are positioned on turrets that protrude beyond the fortress walls. This position allowed for easy attacks by artillery on enemies below. The blockhouse is located between Janganmun Gate and Hwaseomun Gate.
By referring Daum Maps (다음지도), the blockhouse is located at Suwon Paldal-gu and Suwon Jangan-gu district border. The construction of the blockhouse was completed on September 24, 1794, 18th Reigning Year of King Jeongjo the Great of Joseon Dynasty.