Jinseonmun Gate (Hanja: 進善門) is located across Geumcheon-gyo Bridge inside Changdeok Palace. Jinseonmun has a meaning of addressing good words. During the reign of King Taejong Yi Bang-won, a large drum allowing the citizens of Joseon to make their complaints known directly to the king was first installed and known as Sinmungo.
The construction date of Jinseonmun is unknown, but it is thought to have been built around 1405-1409. The original gate was destroyed in 1908 during the Japanese Colonial period. Reconstruction of the gate started in 1996 and was completed in 1999. Jinseonmun is painted in the traditional Korean dancheong style, and has lines of japsang (small figurines) on the roof.