|"أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لآ إِلَهَ إِلَّا الله - وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا رسول الله" - Korean version!|
The Anyang Mosque (Hanja: 安養聖院) in 45 Samdeok Avenue 37th Street/Samdeok-ro 37beon-gil, Anyang 5-dong 618-132 beonji, Anyang Manan-gu, Gyeonggi Province is a remodeled Christian church building purchased with private funds of 50 million won by the late Imam Hussein Yoo Chang-sik (유창식), it opened in April 1986 (H.1406). Originally, it was a 2 storey building with children’s housing and a lodging house on the first floor, and a prayer hall at the second floor. In 1990s, when many foreign Muslim workers came to this area, the prayer hall at the second floor became too small to accommodate all of the foreign Muslim workers. They had to build a 3rd floor with their charity fund of 100 million won which made it possible to rebuild the current prayer hall with a 100 people capacity.
This Mosque at Anyang changed its name to the ‘Rabitah Mosque’ in December 1985 (H.1406) because the funds for remodeling and management of the Mosque was donated by the World Muslim League (Rabitah) in Saudi Arabia. However, the Mosque has experienced many difficulties with its management. The financial problems were solved by funds raised from the council for the Mosque Management--comprised mainly of Bangladesh laborers.
Br. Najmul Hak had been taken charge of the services as an Imam of this Mosque after the late Imam Hussein Yoo passed away in December 1999 (H.1420). The wife and family of the late Imam Yoo proceeded to sell the Mosque building. Meanwhile the council for the Mosque management made decision to stop the sale of the Mosque and has collected 150 million won through fund raising. They continue to keep good relations with Korean Muslim Federation (KMF) by talking with the late Imam Yoo’s family to resolve this crisis.