Disclaimer

This blog may contain not-so-strong languages and slightly strong ecchi pictures. Please proceed with caution.

Saturday, 8 March 2014

Admin's Rants and Shits, Part IV: The ban has been lifted for Kan-musu.


Earlier today, we have received an apology letter from Shimakaze, in Korean. The letter is translated to English as below:


Citizens of the Republic of Korea,

I have come to the conclusion that I cannot defend anymore the monstrosities that my people did to you during my time. I had discussed the matters with Empress Myeongseong at the Queen's Quarters of Gyeongbokgung and I have decided that I cannot allow war and invasion to be an option for my country.

In addition, I have decided that a number of steps need to be taken by my people to improve our relations. Dokdo belongs to you, not us. So we must negotiate on what fishing grounds we can use while allowing you to take possession of those islands. I am of the opinion that we do need to provide compensation  for comfort women victims. That was an important topic that I talked with Empress Myeongseong about.

Finally, I firmly denounce the decisions of my Prime Ministers to visit Yasukuni as well as material from the textbooks of Japanese history that defend the atrocities set upon by my people.

There has been significant progress in the relations between both my countrymen and you. We signed a military pact with each other in 2012, agreeing to share intelligence. We are friends of the United States, and we both see North Korea as a threat. In addition, I personally enjoy the fruits of the Korean wave: from music, to drama, to other forms of pop culture. It is my hope that one day, you will be able to broadcast Japanese music and television dramas as a sign of solidarity with us.

It is my hope that our relations will continue to improve, and that peace will be the option we choose to strive for. I am not your enemy, though history has strongly suggested otherwise. I am only a ship, and a friend. I apologize from the bottom of my heart for what we have done to you in the past and I extend my hand in friendship as we look to the future.

I am Shimakaze, and I love you. Thank you, Koreans.


From now on, I will lift the ban on Kan-musu's Vacation to Korea. Welcome to Korea, Kan-musu. Make this country as your home.