Jajeongjeon Hall (Hanja: 資政殿) was constructed during the reign of King Gwanghae (1617-1620). The kings held meetings with their subjects and supervised academic competitions here.
When King Sukjong died in July 12th 1720, it was used as a binjeon (빈전; a royal palace where the coffin of a king or a queen was preserved before a royal funeral) and the eojin (royal portrait) or memorial table of late kings were temporarily preserved here too. The Imperial Japan demolished the place and the Seoul Metropolitan Government discovered and verified the area. The current building was restored according to the Seogwoldoan (서궐도안; sketches of the western palace).