Dalseong Park (Hanja: 達城公園) at 35 Dalseong Parkway/DalseongGongwonno, Dalseong-dong 294-1 beonji, Daegu Jung-gu is the oldest and most intimate outdoor leisure places in Daegu Metropole. In the park, there is a grass plaza, cultural hall, zoo, monument inscribed with the poem of the famous poet Lee Sang-hwa and the statue of Choi Je-woo, the founder of Donghak (an Eastern Scholastic Religion boom in 1860).
Dalseong Park originated from the oldest earthen mound fortress, “Dalseong”, one of the existing fortresses in Korea. Designated as Historical Site No. 62, the Dalseong Fortress was constructed in 261 CE, during the reign of King Naehae-Isageum, 10th King of Silla Dynasty. It was also known as Dalbeol Fortress (달벌성/達伐城) which is taken from the old name of Daegu Metropole, Dalgubeol (달구벌/達句伐).
When the Sino-Japanese War broke out from 1894 to 1895, the land served as a Japanese military base. In 1905 (the 9th year of Emperor Gojong-Gwangmu of the Joseon Dynasty and Korean Empire) the park was created and in February 1965 the City of Daegu transformed the park into the well-organized leisure area we know and love today. Facilities and tourist attractions within the park include the Gwanpungnu Pavilion, a local history hall, and a zoo.