Bupyeong Hyanggyo (Hanja: 富平鄕校) is located at approximately 200m north from the current Gyeongin National University of Education Incheon-Gyeyang Main Campus (Specific Location: 11 Gyesan Avenue 41st Street/Gyesanno 41beon-gil, Gyesan-dong 982-1 beonji, Incheon Gyeyang-gu).
Under the King’s Decree in 1127 (5th year of King Injong of Goryeo), Suju Hyanggyo was established at Oryu-dong san 4-beonji, Gyeyang-gu. At that time, 56 Hyanggyo across the nation are believed to have been built under the same order. Annam Hyanggyo seems to have also transferred to the south of Mt. Annam (Currently near the Hanwoori Apt. in Gyesan 2-dong) as Annam Dohobu (latter name of Bupyeong) moved to Gyesan-dong (Onsu-gol) in 1165 (19th year of King Uijong). It was renamed into Bupyeong Hyanggyo as the district was renamed as Bupyeong-dohobu (Bupyeong Protectorate) in 1310 (2nd year of King Chungseon of Goryeo).
The building of Munmyo was completely burnt down during Byeongja Chinese-Qing Invasion in the reigning years of King Injo (1636) but was rebuilt in its current site in 1688 (14th year of King Sukjong of Joseon Dynasty).
Bupyeong Hyanggyo is built in the form of [Jeondang-Humyo] that is the traditional Hyanggyo in Korea having an educational facility such as Myeongnyundang, Jaesil, etc. at the front and the facility such as Daeseongjeon and Dong/Seomu Munmyo at the rear side. Daeseongjeon and Dong/Seomu, and Dong/Seojae were built in the form of gambrel roof but Myeongnyundang was built in the form of Hipped and Gable Roof.
Seokjeondaeje ceremony that honors the five Saints of China and 18 Sages of Korea is held on the first days of February and October of every lunar calendar.