Disclaimer

This blog may contain not-so-strong languages and slightly strong ecchi pictures. Please proceed with caution.

Saturday, 31 August 2013

3rd Tunnel of Aggression - One of the most famous Northern Commie's Infiltration Tunnel


The Third Tunnel of Aggression is a tunnel under the border between North Korea (DPRK) and South Korea (ROK), extending south of Panmunjom, Paju City, Gyeonggi Province. It was the third tunnel to be discovered running under the border between the two Koreas.

Only 44 km (27 miles) from Seoul, the tunnel was discovered in October 1978 based on information provided by a defector. It is 1.7 km (1.1 miles) long, 2 m (6.6 ft) high and 2 m (6.6 ft) wide. It runs through bedrock at a depth of about 73 m (240 ft) below ground. It is apparently designed for a surprise attack on Seoul from North Korea, and can easily accommodate 30,000 men per hour along with light weaponry. Upon discovery of the third tunnel, the United Nations Command accused North Korea of threatening the 1953 armistice agreement signed at the end of the Korean War. Its description as a "tunnel of aggression" was given by the South, who considered it an act of aggression on the part of the North.

A total of four tunnels have been discovered so far, but there are believed to be up to twenty more. South Korean and U.S. soldiers regularly drill in the Korean Demilitarized Zone in hopes of finding more.

Initially, North Korea denied building the tunnel. However, observed drill marks for dynamite in the walls point toward South Korea and the tunnel is inclined so that water drains back toward the northern side of the DMZ (and thus out of the way of continued excavation).

North Korea then officially declared it part of a coal mine; black "coal" was painted on the walls by retreating soldiers to help confirm this statement. However, it is claimed that there is no geological likelihood of coal being in the area. The walls of the tunnel where tourists are taken are observably granite, a stone of igneous origin, whereas coal would be found in stone of sedimentary origin.

Photos are forbidden within the tunnel, which is now well guarded, though it is a busy tourist site, where visitors enter by going down a long steep incline that starts in a lobby with a gift shop. The South Koreans have blocked the actual Military Demarcation Line in the tunnel with three concrete barricades. The third is visible by tourists visiting the tunnel and the second is visible through a window in the third.

Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Suwon Hwaseong Fortress, Part VII: Bongsudang Hall (Bleach? You bet it.)


Bongsudang Hall (Hanja: 奉壽堂), also known as Jangnamheon (Hangul/Hanja: 장남헌/張南軒), was used as a royal audience chamber. In 1795, 60th birthday anniversary celebration Princess Hong (Posthumous Queen Heon-gyeong - mother of King Jeongjo the Great and consort of Crown Prince Sado a.k.a Posthumous King Jangjo) was held at Jangnamheon. At that time, King Jeongjo the Great ordered its name to be changed to Bongsudang, which means ‘long-lasting health’.

Wooden framework construction was completed in August 19, 1789 and the entire construction process was finished in September 25. It was restored in 1997 after being destroyed during the Japanese colonization.

After celebrating Princess’ 60th birthday, King Jeongjo ordered Bongsudang to be well preserved so to hold Princess Hong’s 70th birthday anniversary 9 years later. Birthday banquets were the biggest royal event during the Joseon Dynasty in which royal family relatives and servants and many others participated.



This information is brought to you by...

Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Suwon Hwaseong Fortress, Part VI: Unhan-gak Pavilion (Bleach. More.)

Yes. This girl will MAKE YOU PURR..

The Unhan-gak Pavilion (Hanja: 雲漢閣) is located just outside from Haenggung Royal Villa grounds. It is the main building of Hwaryeongjeon where the portrait of King Jeongjo the Great is enshrined. It was built in 1801, a year after King Jeongjo died and his successor, King Sunjo (Born: July 29th, 1790 - Died: December 13th, 1834) ascended the throne as the 23rd King of Joseon Dynasty. King Sunjo wrote down the word 'Unhangak' in Hanja on the tablet of the main hall. 



This information is brought to you by...

Suwon Hwaseong Fortress, Part V: Nangnamheon (Aww... not that BLEACH again!)


Nangnamheon (Hanja: 洛南軒) was not destroyed during the colonial period by Japan (1910~1945) when Hwaseong Haenggung was removed. The name Nangnamheon originated from 'namgung', the palace of Emperor Guangwu of the Chinese Later Han Dynasty (Born: 6 BCE - Died: 57 CE). Its construction was completed in 1794. Various events were held at this place in 1795 at the time of eulmyowonhaeng (long journey in the year of eulmyo). King Jeongjo threw a party for soldiers to commemorate the 60th birthday of Hyegyeonggung Hong, his mother, and awarded certificates to successful candidates at special national exams (Gwageo) here. He also held a feast for his mother's birthday.



This information is brought to you by...

Suwon Hwaseong Fortress, Part IV: Jangnakdang (Bleached, again)


Jangnakdang (Hanja: 長樂堂) was a bedroom for Hyegyeonggung Hong (Posthumous Queen Heon-gyeong; consort of Crown Prince Sado - Posthumous King Jangjo of Joseon), mother of King Jeongjo the Great, during the eulmyowonhaeng (Hangul: 을묘원행; King’s long journey in the year of Eulmyo) in 1795. Its construction was completed in 1794 and it was located south of Bongsudang. It faces the east. The name Jangnakdang originated from the palace called Jangnakgung (장락궁/長樂宮) in Janganseong (장안성/長安城). King Jeongjo, who prayed for the longevity of his mother, named this building after Jangnakgung and inscribed the tablet himself. Hyegyeonggung Hong stayed in the building during the eulmyowonhaeng in 1795.



This information is brought to you by...

Monday, 5 August 2013

Suwon Hwaseong Fortress, Part III: Hwaseong-Jangdae (Bleached by the Arrancars!)

This female centaur-arrancar hybrid will defend this fortress from any enemies.
Koreans need cavalries though.

Seojangdae (Hangul/Hanja: 서장대/西將臺), meaning western command post, sits atop Mount Paldal, a small hill over which the higher section of Hwaseong runs. This gate is also known as Hwaseong-Jangdae (Hanja: 華城將臺). It is the counterpart for Dongjangdae a.k.a Yeonmudae.

Construction began on August 11, 1794 and was completed in just over a month on September 29, 1794. King Jeongjo personally wrote the sign that hangs above. This location was defended by troops who observed the nearby area for any signs of enemies. In honor of his father (Crown Prince Sado - Designated King Jangjo of Joseon), Jeongjo commanded troops from this location on February 12, 1795.

Seojangdae was destroyed by a fire in 1996 and was reconstructed afterwards. However, on May 1, 2006, an arsonist attacked Seojangdae. The arsonist reportedly caused the fire by lighting his clothes and underwear with a cigarette lighter. The fire caused about ₩6 billion in damage (about $6 million), destroying the upper floor of the watchtower. Seojangdae was reconstructed in 2007.




This information is brought to you by...


Sunday, 4 August 2013

Gwanghwamun Plaza is BLEACHED!

Rukia stands in front of the statue of Admiral Yi Sunshin. At the same time, this admiral is watching her.
Thus, this famous plaza is BLEACHED up.

Gwanghwamun Plaza (Hanja光化門廣場, also known as Gwanghwamun Square) is a public open space on SejongnoJongno-gu in SeoulSouth Korea. The plaza was opened on 1 August 2009 by the Seoul Metropolitan Government and is part of the City's plans for environmentally friendly renovation projects such as the Cheonggye Stream (Cheonggyecheon) and Seoul Plaza in Seoul Jung-gu. It is also of historical significant as the location of royal administrative buildings, known as Yukjo-geori (Hangul: 육조거리) or Street of Six Ministries; and features statues of Admiral Yi Sunshin and King Sejong the Great of Joseon.

The pedestrian-friendly open downtown urban space was first announced in February 2004, along with projects for Namdaemun (Sungnyemun) and Seoul Plaza. In December 2006, further plans for the plaza was announced. The project in conjuntion with the restoration of Gwanghwamun was carried out by the Cultural Heritage Administration of Korea, and schedule for completion by August 2009. The plans included moving the statue of King Sejong from Deoksugung to the Plaza. However after surveys of citizens and experts, decided to commission a new statue of King Sejong in a sitting position and chose the design in a competition between a shortlist of artists recommended by the Korean Fine Arts Association and universities.

Construction of the plaza was originally scheduled to begin in February 2008, however it was delayed because of opposition from the National Police Agency, who was concerned that the plaza could be abused as a venue for mass protests. Construction commenced on 23 April 2008, after the Government decreed it a demonstration-free zone.

It was opened after a renovation period of 15-months, which downsized the 600-meter Sejongno, from 16-lanes to 10-lanes of traffic, at a cost of ₩44.5 billion. It is located in front of Gwanghwamun and stretches south from the three-way intersection, along the front of the Sejong Center for the Performing Arts on the west side and Kyobo Book Centre on the east side, to the Sejong-daero intersection, where the statue of the Admiral Yi Sunshin stands. At the opening the plaza was covered in a flower carpet, 162 m long and 17.5 m wide, with 224,537 flowers representing the number of days from when Seoul was declared the capital on 28 October 1394, to the opening of the plaza on 1 August 2009.

The Plaza features a water fountain in honor of the achievements of Admiral Yi Sunshin. It is named the 12.23 Fountain, to commemorates the 23 battles he fought with 12 warships, when he led Korean to victory during the Japanese Imjin Invasion (1592–1598). The water jets rises to a height of 18 meters along with 300 smaller jets, which symbolize the battles he fought on the sea. It also has a waterway, two centimeters deep and one meter across, at 365 meters along the plaza's east side. The floor of it has 617 stones recording the major events from 1392 to 2008.

On 9 October 2009, two months after the opening, the 6.2-meter high, 20-ton new bronze statue of King Sejong the Great was unveiled to the public. It is located 250 meters behind the statue of the Admiral Yi Sunshin, with an exhibition space displaying information on his life and achievements. It was dedicated on Hangul Day in celebration of the 563rd anniversary of the invention of the Korean alphabet by King Sejong.

In November 2010, the statue of the Admiral Yi Sunshin was removed for 40 days to under go restoration works. Moving for the first time in 42 years, it was lifted by a 200-ton crane and transported to a factory in IcheonGyeonggi Province. It underwent sand-blasting to remove rust, accumulated grime such as from roadside pollution; and repainted before returning to the Plaza. Other works included fortifing the inner skeleton and the restored statue was unveiled to the public on 23 December 2010.

Rallies and demonstrations are illegal at the Plaza and the Seoul Metropolitan Government has decreed that it is to use for cultural exhibitions and a demonstration-free zone. As of 1 June 2011, the Plaza along with Seoul Plaza are designated as smoke-free zones by the Seoul Metropolitan Government. Smokers are fined ₩100,000 in violation. You just pay with two pieces of Shin Saimdang's bills (50000 won) or ten pieces of King Sejong's bills (10000 won).

On 23 September 2012, the Government started on a trial basis, a 550-m designated section of Sejong-ro as pedestrian-only but permitted for cyclists. The section includes the road from the Gwanghwamun three-way intersection, along the plaza in front of the Sejong Center for the Performing Arts to the Sejong-daero Intersection (Sejong-daero Sageori).




This information is brought to you by....
'Peluntoq' is the Malay Penangite Dialect word for PELUNTUR. That means 'bleach' in Standard Malay. 


Streets of Seoul, Part V: Sejong Boulevard (Sejong-daero)

The statue of King Sejong the Great blanketed with snow during Winter Season.
Sejong Boulevard a.k.a Sejong-daero (Hanja: 世宗大路) is a boulevard that stretches 2.2km (1.37 miles) from Seoul Station, Seoul Yongsan-gu to Gwanghwamun Gate of Gyeongbok Palace (Gyeongbokgung), Seoul Jongno-gu. This boulevard is a combination of two avenues: Sejong Avenue/Sejongno (세종로/世宗路) and Taepyeong Avenue/Taepyeongno (태평로/太平路) where the Sungnyemun (Namdaemun) in Seoul Jung-gu is located between these avenues. Sejongno and Taepyeongno are combined into Sejong Boulevard in 2010.

This boulevard is bestowed from the Fourth King of Joseon Dynasty, King Sejong the Great who invented Korean National Alphabet, the Hangul. It is a part of National Road No. 48 and  points north to Mount Bugak, Mount Bukhan, and one of the Jewel Palaces of Joseon DynastyGyeongbokgung. It is also of historical significant as the location for royal administrative buildings and features statues of the Admiral Yi Sunshin and King Sejong the Great.

At the crossroads, stands the statue of the Admiral Yi Sunshin, the naval war hero of Korea. At the northern end of Sejong Boulevard sits Gwanghwamun, the gate at the entrance to Gyeongbokgung. To either side of the street rests the Public Prosecutors Office, Sejong Center, U.S. Embassy, Kyobo Life Insurance, Kyobo Book Centre and Donga Ilbo headquarters.

It was customary for the Korean Marines who are about to graduate their 2 years of service, to congregate in front of Lee's statue and swear allegiance. This was stopped due to creating immense traffic congestions to the 8 lane street of Sejong Boulevard Northern Bound.

In 2009, major sections underwent a renovation period of 15-months, which downsized the 600-meter road from 16-lane to 10-lanes of traffic. The project included sections of the road from the front of Gwanghwamun and strenches south from the three-way intersection, along the front of the Sejong Center for the Performing Arts to the Sejong Boulevard intersection (Sejong-daero Sageori), where the statue of the Admiral Yi Sunshin stands. The reduction was to construct the Gwanghwamun Plaza, a public open space in the center to the road.

On 29 November 2009, parts of road were closed to traffic for twelve hours to film lengthy gunfight scenes for Korean Broadcasting System (KBS)'s 2009 spy action television drama series Iris, starring Lee Byung-hunKim Tae-heeJung Joon-hoKim Seung-woo and Kim So-yeon. The five lanes along Gwanghwamun Plaza in front of the Sejong Center for the Performing Arts were closed to traffic from 07:00 to 19:00, while the five lanes on the Kyobo Book Centre side remains open to traffic. This marks the first time the Seoul Metropolitan Government has granted permission to blocked traffic along the Plaza for filming and it is part of Government's plans to promote the city's major tourist attractions; including Cheonggye Stream and Han River.

On 23 September 2012, the Seoul Metropolitan Government started on a trial basis, a 550-m designated section of Sejong Boulevard Northern Bound as pedestrian-only but permitted for cyclists. The section includes the road from the Gwanghwamun three-way intersection (Gwanghwamun Samgeori), along Gwanghwamun Plaza in front of the Sejong Center for the Performing Arts to the Sejong Boulevard intersection.


Legend:
Seoul Station Rotary - Sungnyemun Rotary - Seoul City Hall Taepyeongno Main Office and Deoksu Palace (Deoksugung) - Seoul Shinmun Main Office - Four Intersections of Sejong Boulevard (Sejong-daero Sageori) and Kyobo Bookstore Gwanghwamun Main Branch - KT Gwanghwamun Branch, Sejong Center and Broadcast and Telecommunications Committee of Republic of Korea - US Embassy and Sejongno Park - Gwanghwamun Plaza and Government Complex of Seoul - Three Intersections of Gwanghwamun (Gwanghwamun Samgeori)